Hallllo my beautifuls..(is that even a word..?)
Merry Belated Christmas..Hope you guys ate responsibly..we don’t want you to become round now..!
But why do people (Nigerian’s especially) use weight gain as a conversation starter? Its SOOOOOOOO ANNOYING!
Ah Ah, Fola baby. You don become round o. You dey chop burger…see your cheeks.
Oh boy… See your figure. You have become orobo (larger..) overnight
Ugh, please stop it. You have become ‘fat’ is not the best way to start any conversation. Tenks.
Oooh which reminds me. There’s this guy on Instagram “K10vids.” Omg the man is hillarious. 15 seconds of laughter which will have you peeing in your pants. There’s a video he did on “weight” as conversations starters. Please, watch it!!
Ok, onto some serious 2015 buisness. 2014 has been a great year. I don’t even know where to start from..
🎵Started from the bottom now we here…🎵
* closely followed by Ahhh Shoki…*
I made a few 2015 goals…not New Years Resolution. Everytime someone makes a NY resolution, chances are it’ll be broken before you know it. Besides. “Goals” speaks more volume than resolutions. Sooo, goals. Not resolutions.
1. Sooooo, this 2015 God willing I have a few mega projects I am working on. I genuinely think many of my readers will benefit from it. Remember my earlier posts on Mentorship and the importance of networking? Remember how I was going on about it? Yh, stay tuned. We have something big in the works on that.
2. Start Yoga. I started but then I stopped. So, I want to start again. It’s actually a very relaxing ‘excercise’. Keeps you calm. I stopped because I ended up doing it only occasionally rather than once or twice a week.
3. Lay off Chocolate. No, im honest about this actually. I’m going to blame all the late nighters, but even I know I have become ’round-er.’ I will reduce my intake greatly. Gats give them that lepa figure in 2015 😎.
4. Blog more. The last few weeks I have been trying to post at least once every two weeks..but sometimes I know i fail in that area. So I’m setting myself a goal to improve on that.
5. Ask questions more…or at least ask the right ones. Recently, I met someone and I think I created the impression that I wasn’t completely interested. This is totally not correct. But, I do know how that picture could have been painted. (My currently short attention span for one..!🙈)
I don’t like to jump and ask too many questions for the fear of invasion of privacy. Some people are reallllly touchy touchy about things like that. You ask a question because of genuine interest and suddenly, you’re being nosey. I prefer when the person offers up information so it doesn’t seem like you’re digging around. So anyway, my non question asking (is this a correct sentence though…?!) led to me seeming “uninterested”. Gats to correct that before the New Year lol.
6. Do you guys know about this programme – “Dine with me”? If not, allow me to give you the 30 second summary.
So a group of contestants host each other to dinner or lunch at each others houses. The Menu is the full works – so starters, main course, desert – the whole shebang. They then award each other marks out of 10. Theres a prize at the end of it.
Anyway, so a friend told me it’s something she’s part of with another group of friends. I have decided to hijack the idea and start one. I am getting together a group of women together and plan to start next year. Now I have posted it, there’s like no going back LOLLLLL! ( unless they pull out..bevause well, they can’t cook. And NO Nigerian food. I have enough of that at home!!)
I think we’ll make the group a bit larger though. It’ll defo be a good way to meet a few new people and of course, eat. Who will say no to food?!
Ok. Enough with the icons Folasade.
7. Read more novels! So I just finished a book by Jackie Collins – Lovers and Players. I actually enjoyed it. I used to read novels alot..till life got in the way lollll. So, my goal is to read more books during the year. A lady I know tweeted she read 20 books alone this year. Not sure if ill reach that, but I’ll certainly try.
So ya, That’s just a few of my 2015 goals. I have a few more but I’ll reserve that for later posts 🙂 I have one more post I think before the new year. I came across a blog yesterday and oh my..Its right up my street. Academics and fashion.
Look. Not everyday come to class like you just rolled out of bed. MOST days, come looking sharp. Anyway..more about that in my next post.
Take it easy